每日英语——八卦
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
带你遇见更好的自己
敲黑板,重点到了
1.give me the tea
tea 等同于 gossip,表示“八卦”。
注释:朋友之间分享的劲爆的八卦。"tea"通常是关于你认识的人,但也可以延伸到名人的网络丑闻等。
The best kind of gossip, typically shared between friends. Tea is usually about someone you know, but can also extend to celebrities random internet scandals, etc.
give me the tea
“把你知道的那些八卦猛料都告诉我、给我一点八卦呗”。
He was cheating on her?! Give us the tea,sis!
他出轨了?妹儿,快把你知道的八卦告诉我们!
2.给我一杯茶
Would you give me a cup of tea, please?
May I have a cup of tea, please?
3.spill the tea
spill“涌出、溢出”
spill the tea“爆料”
spill the beans泄露秘密、爆料。
It’s the right time for you to spill the tea.
这就是你爆料的正确时机。
Trust her to spill the beans, she never could keep a secret.
相信她能坦白交代,她从来守不住秘密。
4.my cup of tea“你是我的菜”
“对某人胃口的东西,使某人感兴趣的东西”
想要婉拒别人的告白,会说:
You are not my cup of tea
你不是我的菜/不是我喜欢的类型
复习重点知识
复习重点知识
每日英语——撞南墙撞胸膛
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
带你遇见更好的自己
敲黑板,重点到了
1.
I don't want to smash into the wall anymore.
我不想撞南墙了,
I just want to smash into your chest.
我只想撞你的胸膛。
2.
- Are you getting fat lately?
- 你最近是不是又胖了?
Why are you weighing more and more in my heart?
为什么你在我心里的分量越来越重了呢!
3.
- You must have cheated!
- 你肯定是开挂了!
- Why?
- 为什么?
- Because you always get full marks in my heart.
- 因为你在我心里一直是满分!
4.
- I had a bad dream yesterday.
- 我昨天做了一个噩梦。
- What kind of dream?
- 什么噩梦?
- A dream without you.
- 没有你的梦。
5.
I have a bad news for you.
跟你说一个坏消息,
The way I think about you is no longer pure.
我对你的想法已经不单纯了。